The Robot Assembly Cell is used for mounting of workpieces using a 6-axis industrial robot. The robot places the printed circuit boards into the housing and inserts fuses. A camera makes sure the work pieces are oriented correctly.
Two parallel conveyors move in opposite directions. The working position for the assembly robot is located on a third belt to avoid congestions in the material flow even during lengthy assembly processes.
The station consists of these components:
- 2x Base module frame made from steel and aluminium profile
- Integrated electronics cabinet
- Emergency-stop relay
- 3x Transport belt
- 2x Pneumatic stopper unit with inductive sensors and RFID read-write-head
- Box transport belt with RFID read-write-head
- Docking-Kit for operation with Robotino
- Control panel
- Several buttons including emergency stop
- Mitsubishi industrial robot
- Vision system
- Assembly bay