The conveyor is the main component of CP Lab and is used to transport work piece carriers to the next working position. The identification of workpieces is done via capacitive sensors at the beginning and at the end of the belt.
Every carrier is equipped with a RFID-tag on which work piece parameters are stored. A RFID read- and write-system exchanges data with the work piece that communicates through an IO-link-interface with the main controller.
The CP Lab conveyor is equipped with a PLC and all necessary interfaces in order to accomodate an application module and to communicate with MES4.
Base modules that are placed in-line can communicate through an optical 2-bit communication system.
The module consists of these components:
- Base module frame made from steel and aluminium
- Mono-belt transfer belt (length 700 mm, width 80 mm)
- Belt drive
- 24 VDC motor
- DC motor controller bi-directional and creep speed
- Incremental position measuring via optical sensor
- Capacitive sensors at both ends of the belt for carrier detection
- Operating panel on an arm
- Siemens Panel Simatic HMI TP700 Comfort
- Hardware buttons for start, stop and reset
- Emergency stop switch
- Work position for installation of an application module
- Carrier stopper at the work position
- Pneumatic stopper with end position sensors
- 4 inductive sensors for carrier detection (and possibly identification)
- RFID read/write head for carrier identification, using IO-Link
- Siemens S7-1500 CPU 1512SP
- 16 inputs / 16 outputs, digital 24 V
- I/O-Link Master
- I/O interface for control panel (4 inputs / 4 outputs and emergency stop)
- I/O interface for application module (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- Communication sensors to adjacent stations
- Festo I/O-Link device (8 digital inputs / 8 digital outputs / 4 analog inputs / 2 analog outputs)